Friday, February 3, 2012

Little Update

I went nearly a full two weeks without seeing my sister. She was the last one I saw in the airport when i flew to Oslo, but I didn't see her until the Friday (January 27) after I got back. After school that day I went to her house. I told her I would be there at 3:30, but then I found out I didn't have to go to my history class that day so I texted her and said I would be there at 2:30. When I got to my last class of the day, my teacher excused me so I sent Thea another text and walked to her house at 1:30. We went to some stores to get a few things then drove to Maren's house to get my bag out of Johan's car.
For dinner we went to Kristian's house. We played with his kids while he made dinner. 
We had tacos!!! 
After dinner I we went back to Thea's house and I got ready to go to the last school party. Thea braided my hair very nicely (I wish I had taken a picture! I'll just make her do it again sometime) The braid wrapped almost all the way around my head and then the end that was loose was tucked back under so you couldn't see it. I got quite a few compliments on it.
I went to Kristin's house (after having quite of bit of difficulty finding it) and together we walked to Julie's house and her dad drove us to Skatval, where the party was. It was kind of a lame party (it was mostly younger kids and there were a couple of fights) but I still had a lot of fun because I was with Kristin and Julie.

Also since my work week I tried ice hockey. It was so much fun and I didn't fall once, but I wasn't particularly helpful to the team I was on. I would see the puck was headed down to one side of the rink so I would set out to get there, but by the time I reached the correct end, the puck had gone back and forth about 3 or 4 more times.
Eventually I just gave up on playing and went off to the side and skated around a bit with one of the other people there.

And finally I have been cross country skiing. There is a freshly made track in the field right in front of my house so Tuesday after school I went out for a little while. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I hadn't skied for many years.
I fell twice.
One of those times I was standing still.
Look at me go... I think I'm on my way to being a pro skier!
Maybe not...

I just finished a biology test, and thanks to Mrs. Fretta and AP Bio last year, I don't think I failed it! I understood all of the questions (which were in Norwegian) but I had to write in English because I don't know enough yet to explain different concepts.

After school today I am going to my midyear-stay with AFS. We will be together until Sunday. I am so excited to see everybody again!
When I come back Sunday evening, I will go to Thea's house and we are going to watch the super bowl! I can't wait!
It should be an exciting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Siblings Already

Siblings Already
These are pictures that I found of my host brother on facebook compared to pictures of myself (from facebook). It looks like we're going to get along pretty well :D