Sunday, August 21, 2011

Endelig hjemme

Hei!
So much has happened so quickly these past few days, but it all kind of seems like a dream. I haven't gotten a full night of sleep in a week! Wednesday I met up with some of the other out-bound students in NYC for a gateway orientation. Then the 10 Norway-bound students flew to Oslo together. I did not sleep at all on the plane.
Once we were in Oslo, they bussed us to the AFS orientation camp. They told us "At the AFS orientation camps, if you feel like you are getting enough sleep, then you are not doing it right".
I guess I was doing it right...
I made a bunch of new friends from all over the world. Every "Hello" said expanded my world by so much. I also tired to learn German.. I was not very good but my attempts amused the German kids.
Today I had to get up at 5:15 to catch the early bus at 6:30 to get to the airport only to stand and wait for a few hours. Finally we got on the plane, then on a bus and after much anticipation we met our families!
I was so nervous, but everything is wonderful (albeit overwhelming). The house is so nice and the view is amazing! I think I am going to have a great year, but first, I need to sleep.
Æ er trøtt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Siblings Already

Siblings Already
These are pictures that I found of my host brother on facebook compared to pictures of myself (from facebook). It looks like we're going to get along pretty well :D